I am super excited to announce that my blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award by Dominique Garcia, the writer behind Writing Mother Fashionista. This is huge for me! It means so much to me, that among so many amazing blogs out there, somebody thought my blog was worthy enough to be nominated for the Liebster award. The Liebster Award exist in the internet to give bloggers the opportunity to recognize other bloggers for all the hard work and dedication that they put into their blogs. It's also a fun way to get to learn about one another, because the rules of the Liebster Award include writing a fun blog post, answering and asking questions between your fellow bloggers.
Rules for the Liebster Award
- Write a blog post thanking the blog that nominated you and link back to them. Thank you Dominique from Writing Mother Fashionista!
- Nominate 4 to 11 other awesome blogs for the Liebster Award.
- Answer the 11 questions made up by the blogger that nominated you.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself with your readers.
- Make up your own set of 11 fun questions for your nominees to answer.
1. When did you decide to start a blog?
I decided to start a blog about 4 years ago but didn't really start to follow through with it until last year.
2. What inspired you to start the blog?
I've been a blog reader for many years and I always felt like it was something I wanted to do. I wanted to share my stories too. I told myself "this is something you've been wanting to do for so long and it's time you start doing more things for yourself!" So I did!
3. What blog platform did you choose to go with?
4. What do you like to do aside from blogging?
I love to paint, stain, design and redesign furniture. I'm the crazy furniture lady, I just love furniture! I also love designing and decorating interior spaces.
5. What is your favorite book?
My favorite book is The Things That Matter by Interior Designer Nate Berkus. I feel like this book has a soul, it is such an intimate display into his life. The stories behind the spaces he creates are so inspiring and it makes me think different about how I want my home to feel.
6. What is your favorite movie or TV show?
My favorite TV show is without a doubt NCIS.
7. Coffee or tea?
Coffee oh how I love thee!
8. What drives you daily?
That would be my kids, they are my motivation, my happiness and my peace!
9. What is your favorite social media platform?
It's pretty embarrassing and I don't know if it counts as a social media platform but I'm a Pinterest junkie. I don't use it so much for the social part it's more for like daily inspiration, ideas, it really gets my creative juices flowing.
10. Describe the qualities you seek in a friend.
I guess someone who understands me, shares some of my interest so that we never run out things to talk about, loves to thrift shop and can drink at least two bottles of wine with me in one sitting, or watch, they can watch me drink if they don't want to, no judging allowed though!
11. What is your favorite makeup line?
I don't have a favorite makeup line. I don't use or own a lot of make up, I usually pick up whatever I run out of when I go to Target and I'm not a brand snob either, so I will just grab whatever is on sale or worked well last time.
11 Random facts about me
- I have two awesome kids and the best husband in the world.
- We are pizza lovers! We actually have a thing, every Tuesday we make different homemade pizzas and we call it "Pizza Tuesday!"
- I only paint my nails myself about once or twice a year.
- I am my entire family's personal psychologist.
- I didn't get my drivers license until I was 26 years old, I know it's sad!
- I wear grey and black a lot.
- My favorite things to decorate with are plants and lamps.
- I cut and die my own hair.
- I drink 2 to 6 cups of coffee a day.
- I'm a furniture hoarder.
- I hate doing laundry and dishes, actually I hate doing all cleaning chores period.
- How would you describe your personal style?
- What are your hobbies?
- What advice would you give aspiring or new bloggers?
- What is your favorite blog to read?
- What is your motivation?
- If you could travel to anywhere in the world where would you go?
- What is your all time favorite song?
- If you could go back in time what is one thing that you would change or do differently?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite room in your house?
- What is your favorite color?
Thanks to the creators of the Liebster Award and to the lovely lady who nominated me. This post took me a lot longer to write than I thought it would but I enjoyed it so much. I think the hardest thing was to come up with 11 random facts about myself. I am looking forward to reading the answers to my questions.