|Ikea Kivik Loveseat Chaise Combo|
A few years ago we wanted to buy a more stylish, bigger, comfier couch for our growing family. But like most growing families with only one income our dreams are bigger than our budgets. We started researching high and low and comparing prices, sizes, materials,etc... We saw a few couches before we made our decision and finally agreed that Ikea had what we were looking for at a price we were comfortable with.
- Comes in different sizes and combinations, so we chose the love seat and chaise combo that fit our space perfectly.
- Also comes in different fabrics so we chose the color and texture we wanted.
- The covers are removable and washable so with two little ones this was a huge seller for us.
- The cushions are made of memory foam which makes them super comfortable, we have all had our share of naps on it.
- It is modern with clean, straight lines that fit our style.
- The price was right! When compared to others we liked, this one came in hundreds if not thousands less.
- With regular re-fluffing of the back cushions they look good as new every time.
- We moved and it fits in our living room but with the chaise combination it leaves us with only one furniture placement option, in front of the window (this is not the Kivik's fault though).
- Which brings us to another problem because the light coming in from the window is fading the fabric and turning our grey couch into a purple spotted couch. Thankfully Ikea sells covers separately at an affordable price.
- We sometimes have to disassemble it with the tools provided to remove a slipcover we need to wash.
- We have to wrestle the slipcovers back on because they are very tight and the seams don't line up straight after putting it back together.
- I have to fix the back and seat cushions everyday because they become deformed and slide forward from sitting (not a huge deal but doing so multiple times everyday is a bit annoying).
- The chaise cushion always sticks out a few inches from the couch, even though it is supposed to sit still with the Velcro but it doesn't work.
- The couch weights a lot so I cannot move it by myself to clean under I have to wait for my husband so that we can move it by dismantling the chaise from the loveseat because it's impossible to move in one piece.
|Cushions become frumpy after use|
|After fixing doesn't stick out as much|
|Before fixing chaise sticks out a lot|
|After a little fluff and puff good as new again|