When we painted our kitchen cabinets we wanted to save money anywhere we could. We reused the pulls for the bottom cabinets and decided to DIY our own wood knobs for the top cabinets. It's really no surprise that we decided to DIY them because we love to DIY everything. I wanted the knobs to have some personality but still be clean and simple.
Here's a simple tutorial on how to DIY wood knobs.
- Cut the dowel at 1-1/4 in. lengths in the quantity you need
- Sand edges lightly by hand just to take off any splinters left from cutting
- Mark the center of each dowel
- Drill hole in each center to fit t nuts
- Hammer the t-nuts in to the holes you pre-drilled
- Stain or paint knobs in your choice of color
- Screw them into your cabinets or furniture
That's it! Now you can gaze at your pretty knobs. You can DIY your own wood knobs for a fraction of the cost of buying new ones, and they are very easy to make. They are simple and unique looking! I love how our wooden knobs tie in with the bottom cabinets and bring some warmth into the top cabinets.
See the kitchen cabinet makeover reveal here!
Creative Ways * Creative Inspirations * Thursday Favorite Things * Wonderful Wednesday * My 2 Fav Things Thursday * Homemaking Party * Wednesday Showcase * Create it Thursday * This is how we roll Thursday * Vintage Charm * Creative Circle * Shine Blog Hop * Creativity Unleashed * Pin Junkie * 100 Happy Days *