1.04.2016

2016 Goals

2016 is here!  Lets make way for all the new goals for the year!  I know, what a cliche right!  Anyways, I don't care, as cliche as it may sound I look forward to that fresh start of the New Year.  No, I'm not saying that I am going to wipe the slate clean and become a brand new person, because that would be a load of crap.  I do however, look forward to setting new goals and working on improving myself each and every year.  The end of the year gives me time to reflect on the past year, what I have and haven't done and what new things I want to challenge myself to do in the upcoming year.  This year is very exciting for me because it's the first time I get to share my goals with you.  I am going to divide my goals in to three sections that I want to work on throughout the year, #1 Blogging Goals #2 Home Goals and #3 Personal Goals.

2016 Blog Home Personal Goals

I am going to begin with my Blogging Goals.  For starters I want to create a blogging schedule for myself to post more often.  I would also like to improve my blog's appearance, adding more pages with new topics, rearranging and streamlining in so that it is easier to navigate.  I want to continue to grow my social media accounts and be more active in them, getting to know my followers and posting more often.  *If you want to follow me along on any social media platforms make sure to click on the buttons below and follow or like my pages to stay connected!



I am fairly new to blogging and there is so much I need to learn.  I have a huge inventory of furniture pieces waiting for makeovers and I want to get to as many of them as possible and build more custom pieces as well, to add to those pages on the blog. 

Build paint furniture

Next up are my Home's Goals.  I mentioned a little while back in this post that one of my goals was to add real live plants to every single room in my house, I am proud to say that I kicked off the year adding three more plants to the house, "Woot, woot!"

House plants

Enough excitement, now for the harder ones.  I want to, no, let me rephrase that, I NEED to do some serious de-cluttering around here.  You do not want to see the pile of papers that is stacked next to me as we speak.  That's just the tip of the ice berg, I also need to organize, organize, organize!  We moved into this new house and pretty much put stuff here and there and didn't organize anything.  We have been here for almost 1 whole year and I need to get everything in order,  It's been a long time coming.

Organizing kitchen drawer

Organizing kitchen drawer

 I also want to make a laundry schedule because it gets out of control.  Make better use of some of the spaces for instance, we have two desks in our office and we only use one the other one just collects everything that we bring in to the house and don't know where to put.  We need to finish our exercise room so that we can actually use it, right now it's more like a storage room and Lord knows we need to whip our butts into shape (personal goal).  I want to give both of the bathrooms a phase 1 makeover.  They both need major do overs but that's not in the budget for this year so a little makeup and touch up here and there will have to do until we can afford the lifts and tucks they need.  Last year we did some curb appeal touches and this year we would like to continue where we left off when it started to get cold.  I am pretty sure once I complete the January Cure I am going to be adding to this list.

Organizing bathroom cabinet


As for my Personal Goals... well... I'm not sure if I want to share those with you yet.  I mean come on we barely know each other.  I'm already over sharing here anyway, I guess I can give you a little something, something...  For starters, I could stand to loose a few pounds, I won't tell you how many though.  I want to start making healthier eating choices, this one is a hard one for me because I'm Hispanic which means I love to eat and I love flavor.  My husband and I are both foodies so we enable each other big time when it comes to food.

Veggie platter healthy eating

Another thing is that I want to start taking better care of my skin.  I'm nearing my 30's and my face and I look like a teenager and not in a "uh I'm so young and pretty I could pass as a 15 year old," no more like in a "euww I look like I'm going through puberty and my face is popping with zits everywhere."
Coffee facial scrub
This pic is oooold from when I used to take care of myself
I also want to make more time for my friends and family.  My beautiful aunt Iris recently passed away and the last couple of months have been the absolute hardest of my life, being the holidays and all...  I miss her so much and it makes me want to be closer to my family, I feel like I need them more than ever.

Iris Capielo my beautiful aunt Mothers day


This last one is a hard one for me, I need to make more "Me Time!"  I am a mom so this does not come naturally, everything to me is about my family, all the time and I kind of just leave myself in the back burner a lot and I forget about me.  So this year I want to change that, I want to become more focused in my wants and needs without leaving my family in limbo of course.  Like Jada Pinkett-Smith said in a recent interview I need to find a balance that allows me to do that.  


*Video is curtesy of YouTube

See, nothing too crazy or fancy, I'm trying to keep my goals attainable.  Sometimes we tend to make New Years Resolutions that are too much and then we get overwhelmed and feel like failures at the end of the year if we couldn't manage them well.  I am just looking to improve myself and have a prosperous year overall and I hope that you all have an amazing year ahead of you and make the most of 2016!

Linking up

38 comments:

  1. Great resolutions! As a mom too, I understand that "you" can be forgotten. De-cluttering is an excellent thing...getting a plan together and remaining motivated is super important. I've enjoyed reading how you're going to move forward positively in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi HattieLu, I am going to get a plan together so that I can stay focused on my goals and achieve them! I'm glad you enjoyed reading it!
      Thank you

      Delete
  2. Great resolutions and a reminder to really take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie,
      Sometimes we do have have to remind ourselves to make time for ourselves and remember that we are also a priority. If we don't take care of ourselves, how can we take care of others? Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  3. Yes, you have to take time for yourself! If you aren't taking care of yourself, you won't be able to take care of or give to others. I'm a big fan of self-care. Good luck with your goals! They're all great ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to doing that this year!
      Thank you

      Delete
  4. It's my goal to add a plant to every single room in my house! I just don't know how to do that for bathrooms! Good luck with your goals, especially taking time for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, I have a pothos plant in our bathroom and its doing lovely, I think this plant isn't picky at all I have another one in the living room and one in the dining room, there is a picture of it on this post if you scroll back up to the floating shelf. Here's a link so that you can see exactly what plant I'm talking about http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/pothos/pothos-plant-care.htm
      Here is another plant that I had years ago in the bathroom that does well in humid spaces I know it as "prayer plant" because at night the leaves move straight upwards it's beautiful I hope this helps with part of your goal, here is the link http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/prayer-plant/maranta-prayer-plant-peacock-plant.htm
      Thank you for taking the time to read my post and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Your goals are so relatable. Most of them are on my list too.

    P.S. Love that interview from Jada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alonda, Best of luck on your Goals! Jada's interview was eye opening!

      Delete
  6. Love this post, I am totally going to steal some of your goals because I need to get organized this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley, i think organizing is one of many people's life goals, good luck!

      Delete
  7. Great post and some wonderful goals - I'm sure you can achieve them! Happy New Year!
    Jess from www.beautifulbreakable.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to make a laundry schedule this year because like you said- it gets out of control! Sundays are my laundry days and it's nice to just get it all done in one day! Best of luck in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do Sundays too but I can hardly ever get it all done in one day, it's 4 of us, so it's a lot of laundry and I get distracted with other things I want to get done on the weekend. Best of luck to you too!

      Delete
  9. I love the idea of having plants in every single room of the house! That would give the house such a nice, fresh, healthy look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I love having plants at home! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Great resolutions! I need to take better care of my skin too. I used to do really well with that, but haven't lately and you can definitely tell! :) Good luck with your goalst his year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Crystal I'm having the same issue its really obvious for me too, but I am determined to look better for myself! Best of luck to you too!

      Delete
  11. Great resolutions. I know I need to get to cleaning out my kitchen drawer. Cleaned out the bedroom closet yesterday (much needed). I have a few blogging goals to work on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa you should try joining the Apartment Therapy January Cure it's a great way to kick off the year at home! Best of luck with all of your goals!

      Delete
  12. I just saw this video of Jada sharing this amazing advice a few weeks ago - truly inspirational for sure! A wonderful reminder that we need to take care of our own bodies first and foremost so we can reflect positivity on everyone and everything we share our lives with, and all that we do! Thanks for sharing this again! And best of luck to you and all of your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ariel,
      I couldn't agree more it was an awakening video for me too! Her words are so true and so powerful! Thank you and best of luck to you too!

      Delete
  13. Great goals!
    Good luck achieving them :)

    xoxo, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Lilly! You've set some great goals for the year. I pray that GOD will give you the wisdom and strength to complete them all and that you be filled with HIS love, peace, and joy as you do. Happy New Year and GOD bless you, beautiful friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your kind words!

      Delete
  15. Fantastic goals! Decluttering is always a goal that's both hard to do, but so beneficial and that video of Jada is so powerful and motivating! Thanks so much for joining us on #Shinebloghop this week and sharing this piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria, yes I will be working hard on this one! Thank you for hosting the link up party and stopping by my page too!

      Delete
  16. Great goals for the year! I have begun wiping my face with face wipes every morning once and every night before I go to bed. I have found that is helping the break outs I was having a lot! The furniture re-dos you are doing look beautiful as well!!

    I am hosting a monthly goal link up here and this would be a great post to add if you are interested! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Autumn, I use the wipes sometimes too, I keep a pack on my nightstand just in case I get lazy and don't wash my face before bed at least I can wipe my make up off that way!

      Delete
  17. Great post! I love the idea of adding live plants to each room. It really gives it the extra pop of color it needs! Thanks for sharing on the "A Little R&R" link party! I blog over at rousehouseinteriors.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes that's right! Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I cannot thank you enough for sharing your thoughts and that link of Jada! So absolutely true! Such an eye opener. Thanks so so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...