1.08.2016

New Bedroom Nightstands

I'm very excited to share today that I found a pair of nightstands for our bedroom.  Yes, I get overly excited about furniture but did I say they are Awesome with capital A nightstands! Give it up for these babies! Um huh!

Master bedroom nightstands Rustic Headboard

Master bedroom nightstands Rustic Headboard Hollywood Regency

On this bedroom post where I talked about what I was dreaming for the bedroom I mentioned wanting to get new nightstands.  I really like the idea of building floating nightstands but when I came across these babies on good ole Craigslist I couldn't pass them up.  It was love at first sight, I know some of you might be thinking, is she blind?  Those things are a yucky, mucky, beigey, yellowy, pukey color!  But those of you that know about furniture and potential, stop drooling, they are mine, I found them first!  


Let me explain why they are so fabulous!  Just look at how stylish they are, they are Hollywood Regency, I mean come on the name alone says it!  I love all the amazing detail, who doesn't loooove faux bamboo?  And the brass details on the corners and back plates on the pulls, the canning and trim on the doors, those sexy little legs.    

Hollywood Regency Nightstand

Hollywood Regency Nightstand

They are much bigger than the standby pieces we have now.  They almost line up with the top of the mattress which makes them perfect for bedside tables.  They have concealed storage which is always a plus.  Who doesn't want to hide all there unsightly junk?  And not to mention they are great quality, vintage, wooden babies.  

Hollywood Regency Nightstand

Obviously the finish is all wrong and I have to give them a serious paint makeover, but that's the fun part!  One of them is missing a pull which is going to be a pain in the butt to track down.  I know, I've already tried with no luck.  If anyone knows where I could find a match for these pulls please drop me a line on the comments I would sooo appreciate it.    

Linking up to 

23 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I love finding great pieces of furniture! Im sure after a little refurbishing they will look even better!

    www.writingmotherfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't wait to give them a new look! Thank you

      Delete
  2. That's awesome! I love finding great pieces of furniture! Im sure after a little refurbishing they will look even better!

    www.writingmotherfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome! I love your bed too! Can't wait to see what they look like after you give them a make over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Christy, The bed was also built by us I have a post about the headboard but not of the frame http://lillyshomedesigns.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-headboard-tutorial.html I can't wait to get started on painting them I will share a post after! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Oh I love the style of them, can't wait to see how you do them over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela,
      I hope you saw my response for your bathroom plants! Thanks for stopping by again!

      Delete
  5. I love these!! My husband and I have yet to buy a bedroom set. It's horrible haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't buy a set collect your pieces overtime it takes longer but in the end you have a collected look that speaks to both your styles, Good luck!

      Delete
  6. These are so fun! Can't wait to see what you will do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting !! Excited to see how you refinish them !! Do share ☺️ Can't wait!
    Danielle Greco - AccordingtoD.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danielle I will definitely share when they are beautified!

      Delete
  8. Those are wonderful! Thanks for sharing on the #HomeMattersParty . I hope you will join us again next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to in the future thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  9. They look like the perfect size, and I love how they have more storage then most nightstands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are a grest size! Loads of storage! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Awesome! I love old furniture like that! My problem is, I get them home with the intention of refinishing them and then never get around to it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at #MommyMeetupMondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sometimes its hard to get around to it with so many other things to do, hopefully when the weather gets better I will get around to them! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. This is great, Carmen! I love your rustic headboard, too!
    Thank you for sharing this week at Brag About It link party on VMG206 (Mondays at Midnight).
    ~ Megin of VMG206

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Virginia, the headboard is my all time favorite project me and my hubby made together, that was a true labor of love!

      Delete
  12. Oh, I see so much potential in these pieces, I can't wait to see what you come up with. Thank you for linking up at #MommyMeetUpMondays and my apologies for the delayed comment, I am losing my mind this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules, I'm very excited about working some magic on these puppies! Thank you for hosting the link up and stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...