Clearance Junkie

This post is brought to you by my dearly beloved husband, who called me a "Clearance Junkie" when I got home from Target with a couple of clearance home decor items. As soon as they announced Nate Berkus Fall line was about to hit the stores I ran to see what was left of the Spring collection.  I have been swooning over the shallow white with gold faceted bowl but I didn't have any luck finding it at my nearest target and they don't sell it online anymore :'-(

Target - Nate Berkus Faceted Gold Detail Bowl:
Nate Berkus Gold Detail Bowl

However I did find me these cute little guys for $2.38.  They are a set of snail place card holders.


And Nate's beautiful Ceramic Geo Box for $5.98.  This is another one of those items I was swooning over when it first came out. So I was happy to find it and for such a big discounted price.


I also found this awesome Threshold mixed succulent potted arrangement for the tune of $6.98.  It is a concrete planter and the succulents are not real.
 *Disclaimer, ALL of my other house plants are REAL!!!  I don't like faux plants for my house but I made an exception for this one because it's a really good fake.   

Threshold Mixed Succulent Potted Arrangement
Threshold Mixed Succulent Potted Arrangement

The snails are already hanging out with a couple of my house plants.  Looking good!  Whaaaat????  I know they are place card holders but I don't do place cards.  People sit wherever they want to sit when they come over for dinner. Yeah, I know, such disorderly conduct!!!!

Gold snail succulents

Gold snail succulents

Anyhow, they look so much cuter hanging out with my plants.  This way my plants and my snails each can keep each other company.  I also get to enjoy the little guys more often than only at dinner parties.  They are so freaking cute!  I love how the one with the white rocks looks.  I think I am going to add some white rocks to the other plant so the little snail could have some more contrast and really pop.  You don't have to limit yourself to using them as place card holders, when I saw them I immediately thought "plant buddies!"  You could prop these up on a wall shelf or on top of some books on a book shelf, whatever makes you happy. 

Gold snail succulents
Gold snail succulents



















For now I set the ceramic box on top of the bathroom counter.  I am not sure where it will end up or what it will hide but for now it's sitting there looking pretty.  Please don't hate on my fauxlicious marbled countertop or my vintage, retro, brown and speckled beige tile backsplash.  Yes that's an original ceramic, brown, yucky toothbrush holder sticking out of the wall. We even have a matching soap dish on the other side and matching bathroom tissue paper holder thing.  Yup, It's in dire need of a makeover, but it is in very good condition and it will have to wait until we can save our pennies for a complete gut renovation.  Which wont be happening any time soon.  But I'm not worrying about that right now, I'm happy because I have my pretty box.  

bathroom white gold nate berkus ceramic geo box
 
So back to the pretty box.  It could be a nice discrete spot to hide lady plugs or you know lady stuff, or maybe hair ties and bobby pins, toothbrushes and toothpaste, I mean as long as the stuff is small and shallow the possibilities could be endless.  I did a picture with our toothbrushes and toothpaste to show they fit and it still closes all the way.  I did not leave them in there because that would not work for our two little ones everyday.  It could end up in the office to stash small office supplies or in the master bedroom for my jewelry but for now it is in here looking pretty and making me smile.

bathroom white gold nate berkus ceramic geo box


Our half bathroom has absolutely no natural light and not a single window.  I figured this little, dark bathroom could use some greenery.  I love plants and my goal is to someday have real plants in every single room in our home with the exception of this room.  I wouldn't put a real plant in this small, windowless room for fear of it dying.  So I am very happy that I know this plant wont be dying anytime soon.  I haven't decorated this bathroom because it hardly gets any use, so it's nice to finally add something to it.  It made my wheels start turning, ideas, ideas spinning around in my head.

Threshold Mixed Succulent Potted Arrangement

Threshold Mixed Succulent Potted Arrangement

Threshold Mixed Succulent Potted Arrangement

For almost $16 after tax I bought a few home decor items to freshen up some rooms.  So go ahead, call me a "Clearance Junkie" if you wish, I like my new stuff.  They add personality to our home, I didn't break the bank and they are all very good quality items.  The snails have some weight to them, they don't feel plasticky or cheap.  The ceramic box well, it's ceramic need I say more? and the added storage is a plus.  The plant looks very real and has great texture to it and the base is made of chunky, heavy concrete and looks sooo good.  So overall I am very happy with my purchases even if I didn't find everything I was looking for.

*Disclaimer #2  I wouldn't recommend going on a clearance rampage, you can end up with a lot of unnecessary crap in your house.  Please shop at your own discretion.        


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...