White And Black Farmhouse Dresser

black and white farmhouse dresser

I'm back with another piece that I worked on in the month of January.  I bought this vintage oak dresser from a person via Craigslist.  Once I brought it home I knew exactly what I wanted to do to it.

black and white farmhouse dresser

black and white farmhouse dresser

  I sanded it, and sealed it inside and out  twice with shellac drawers and everything because it had a cigarette smell.  Now, I didn't notice this when I bought it, otherwise I would have passed.  Then I sanded it again and proceeded to paint it with chalk paint.  

black and white farmhouse dresser

The top section was curved and I wanted to accent that feature, which is why I went with the two tone.  Black on top and white on the bottom.  I purchased small, white knobs for the two top drawers and contrasting black ones on the bottom.  The inside of the drawers had seen better days so I added a modern liner.  I sealed this piece with wax for a soft buttery feel.    

black and white farmhouse dresser

black and white farmhouse dresser

black and white farmhouse dresser


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...