- I'm super indecisive about things, especially furniture in our home. If it doesn't work in a few months it's out. The couch has proven it's usefulness here, so we are keeping it!
- I'm equally indecisive about colors, textures and finishes. I mean with so many fabrics to choose from, someone out there should be able to relate.
- Time! Yes I work on many furniture pieces at a time but not for my own home. It usually takes years for me to complete a furniture project for our home. I never have or make time for it. I'm trying to change that!
- Money, fabric is freaking expensive and when you need 6 yards for your own use, well that can hurt. I'm not one splurge so much on myself.
- Upholstery is intimidating for me. I'm all about sanding, painting and staining but sewing is a whole different territory.
I narrowed down my fabric to neutrals, some type of pattern and it had to be budget friendly. I thought about using a checkered, plaid fabric but the office already has a masculine appeal. I wanted my husband to feel comfortable and this might sound crazy but I like to decorate keeping my husbands masculinity in mind. He lives with 4 females (even my dog is a female) so I don't want to have rainbows and unicorns everywhere. Plus I prefer neutrals anyway so it's a win win.
A few months ago I used a beautiful ikat fabric to upholster some chairs that I sold and ever since I've been wanting to find a place to use the same fabric for our house. My husband also liked the fabric since it has a lot of black and neutrals. Perfect! This fabric was just under $20 at Joanns. They were having a 50% off sale, then I went online to check for coupons and they had a one day 15% entire purchase, including sales, BINGO!!!!! I picked up 6 yards which I think is too much, but better to be safe than sorry, right!
I already started to take the couch apart. It's naked!
It took me a few hours to get every single last staple out. Next, I have to sand down the frame to stain it, cut sew and staple a million times! Yay, not so much, but when I'm done it's going to be worth it. I can't wait to share with ya'll!