1.19.2016

Charish Your Coffee Table


Although the title of this post "Charish Your Coffee Table" makes it seem like this is a sponsored post I promise you, that it is not sponsored, all opinions are my own.  Last week I recieved an email from the Community Manager at Charish asking if I was interested in writing a post for my blog about how I would style a coffee table using one of their coffee tables as inspiration.  Since my blog is centered mostly around home decorating and furniture I thought it would be a great post to write so, why not?  For those of you who are not familiar with Charish they are an exclusive, curator approved, online marketplace for vintage furniture and home decor items.  Without further ado here is the coffee table that I curated...

Charish Your Coffee Table

They sent me a zipped file containing a few options of their coffee tables for me to chose from and all the coffee table essentials were left up to me to chose from any home decor site of my liking.  This lovely faux bamboo, brass and glass coffee table quickly grabbed my attention.  I browsed through their website for inspiration and I loved so many of their items.  So to make this even more fun for myself, I decided that I was only going to use items that I liked from their site.  Keep in mind that I curated all these items for this coffee table based on looks and functions not on price.  They are only for inspiration on what I would chose if money was not a matter.
  1. I am a fool for anything bamboo and brass and this coffee table is the best of both worlds.  The skinny but still sexy legs keeps it from looking heavy.  The glass top reflects light, and it is see through which makes it ideal for smaller spaces.  
  2. The pair of rustic wood and glass hurricanes are a nice contrast to the coffee tables metal, slim profile.  They are great for mood lighting in the evening or to infuse your home with relaxing scents. 
  3. The brass turtle box is a nice accent piece for the coffee table and it also offers storage.  I have a similar one on my coffee table, from Nate Berkus's line for Target.
  4. Every coffee table needs some type of greenery, flowers, plants, leafy stems in a bud vase, there's lots of options.  I have some pretty succulents on mine, so I chose one in a terracotta pot for this coffee table.
  5. Because succulents are prettier in pairs I also chose to add a second one in a beautiful marble vessel.
  6. A stack of beautiful interior design coffee table books are an essential on mines.  There's a reason why they call them coffee table books.       
  7. A beautiful, woven, textured basket on the bottom is a perfect place to store your remotes while keeping them nearby for easy access.  
Personally I like to keep it simple and functional but still eye pleasing!  I do not like to have too many items on my coffee table.  Too many items can make a space look visually cluttered even when they are not messy.  I like to leave enough space on my coffee table to place a drink or an appetizer dish.  Some people could probably do with a lot less and others love to fill every inch of table top and that is fine.  Your coffee table should reflect your style and how you decorate it, is personal to you, so have fun with it and do what speaks to you.

*I would love to hear what are your coffee table essentials?  Do you like fresh flowers on yours or is a freshly made pizza more your style?


39 comments:

  1. Definitely yes to succulents! I need to get some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't exactly have a coffee table, more like a giant ottoman and definitely have to have a cute tissue box and occasionally some homey magazines on it. I definitely miss our coffee table days though, so fun to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is very fun to decorate indeed! We used to have a large storage ottoman when the girls were babies and they had a ton of baby paraphernalia, I used to love throwing one of those faux sheep throws on top and a tray with pretty things when I was going to have guest over besides that my living room looked like a baby jungle and I didn't care much for decorating it!

      Delete
  3. loving it !!! soon when my son is not 2 mine will be back to normal !! love brass !!! Laci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's always better to play it safe when the kids are small! I had a large cushioned, storage ottoman back then, for safety and to hide all the toys in a jippy!

      Delete
  4. I recently got married and we are trying to make the apartment our home!! Been looking for a good coffee table ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! It's so much fun hunting for those first pieces together I hope you find one that suits both your styles!

      Delete
  5. Cute! This coffee table is so beautiful! And I love how you styled it! :) Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Ariel,
      I'm glad you like it, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I love keeping my coffee table super simple. A thing of flowers, a nice trinket, maybe a bowl. But usually I end up just tossing random crap on it and have to clean it off constantly! haha


    http://communicationisdifficult.com/2016/01/18/best-japanese-foods/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just life though, I have two little ones who are always putting things on top of the coffee table or I'll leave magazines and stuff on it too and have to clean it up everyday!

      Delete
  7. ALL THE SUCCULENTS!
    I love coffee table styling! Mine definitely needs a clean-up/re-style/major help because I've turned it in to the miscellaneous junk holder. Whoops.

    Christie's Take on Life. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey it happens, I've been there too. I had to learn how to make it a habit to keep mines looking tidy all the time and I also had to teach my girls to clean up after themselves when they play on it! It takes practice!

      Delete
  8. I don't have a coffee table as my kids need all the room, but I love these suggestions!!

    www.writingmotherfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe in the future when the kids are older and you regain the space, I know we all have to compromise for our little ones, Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I don't have a coffee table as my kids need all the room, but I love these suggestions!!

    www.writingmotherfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to admit that I don't have a coffee table.. I removed it when I got the baby, but maybe in the future :) Great suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love succulents! The bamboo is a very interesting look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice coffee table . It looks natural and lovely

    ReplyDelete
  13. I prefer the simple look as well. We constantly keep a candle, a couple books and coasters on ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple but functional, that's how I like mines too!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for bringing up this topic and for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop...I have begun to love all things bamboo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting Thursday Favorite things! I've always been a huge fan of bamboo furniture, it's one of those things I can't stay away from!

      Delete
  15. i love fresh flowers, and wooden trays for the coffee table. you bamboo + brass combo is very pretty! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous coffee table and I absolutely adore all of these amazing ideas! Fresh plants are definitely my all-time favorite. Plus, totally budget friendly if you can find them in your yard ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm a fan of plants on mines too!

      Delete
  17. Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your picks! Decorating coffee tables is so much fun because there's SO many things you can do! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adriana, they definitely are fun to decorate!

      Delete
  19. Love it! I use to have so much fun redecorating my coffee table but then I had kids. lol The tables are now kept bare and simple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when my girls were little I always had to keep them bare, now I get to have a little more fun with it!

      Delete
  20. I love bamboo and books! Lol... Thanks so much for sharing and for linking up with The Alder Collective. Hope to see you again this week! Have an awesome night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...