Lucky Green Nightstand Set


A little while ago I painted a nightstand set in Sherwin Williams Lucky Green.  It was a long process like always but the end result was fabulous and they sold right away.

Green Nightstand set

Green Nightstand set

They came with big ornate hardware but I new I wanted to change them and give this set a modern look.  I chose the green color and used Sherwin Williams advance paint in high gloss.  I bought some gorgeous lucite and chrome hardware, two pulls for the bottom drawers and two round knobs for the top.

Green Nightstand set


Green Nightstand set

Green Nightstand set

The set got filled sanded primed twice sanded again and I sprayed 5 ultra thin coats sanding between each one to achieve a smooth finish.  I had some over spray on the drawers so I painted the sides in the same color and added a modern black and white contact paper to the inside of the drawers.

Green Nightstand set

Green Nightstand set

I posted  them up for sale on my Etsy shop and they sold very quickly.  I was flattered when an interior designer contacted me because she wanted the set for her client who's home she was designing.  Her client purchased them and we delivered the set that same weekend to a gorgeous brownstone in a trendy area of Boston Massachusetts.

Green Nightstand set

Green Nightstand set

Green Nightstand set

Some people gave me a crazed look when they saw the color I had chosen but I knew this was the right look for them.  My customers where so happy and so was their interior designer who was there to see them at the time of the delivery.  They loved them and I couldn't be happier!  I guess the color I chose for the nightstand set really was a lucky green after all ;-)





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...