The first thing that I need to address in the kitchen is organization. We have been living in this house for about a year and there's a great deal of disorganization. When things are unorganized, they just don't function well, and it drives me bonkers! Which is why this whole kitchen cabinet makeover fiasco started in the first place, you can read more about that in this post. I also want to take this as an opportunity to replace some of the kitchen's most daily used items that have seen better days and top it off with some pretty accessories!
Ikea Kitchen Wish list
- These Stodja Flatware trays will sit perfectly inside the kitchen cabinet drawers and will be perfect to keep things organized. I have a smaller sized one already that I use to organize eating utensils so I will only need 3 of them.
- I will grab a few of these Variera Boxes in different sizes to store snacks inside the top kitchen cabinets. We do not have a pantry so we make do with our kitchen cabinets to store food. We've actually never had a pantry in any of our homes so we are used to storing things in the kitchen cabinets. If you have a pantry consider yourself
- I've always loved the idea of making food storage look super organized and stylish (who said food storage couldn't be stylish?) and I think I can achieve that with these inexpensive Ikea 365+ dry food jars with lids in different sizes.
- Who doesn't love Ikea's Ranarp line of lighting? I've wanted one since the first day I saw them but couldn't think of a space that I needed one for. The Ranarp pendant lamp will look awesome against the dark woven shades.
- We have a few Fargrik coffee mugs already in teal and green that we've acquired over the years, but I love the black ones and at just $.99 ea I think I will give myself permission to to replace all 6 of our mismatched ones.
- Most of our clear glass drinking cups have deceased so this Ikea 365+ clear glass set will be replacing them.
- Our current Fargrik 18 piece dinnerware set (we have this set in green) have served us well but they have seen better days. They are very heavy duty which is why I love them. They have taken 6+ feet tumbles and haven't broken but they have chipped around the edges so I will just be replacing the set with another one of the same in white.
- I am vertically challenged so I require a step stool to reach the top shelf of the kitchen cabinets, I've had a cheap, metal and plastic one for years. It's time for an upgrade! The Bekvam is solid beech wood and just $14.99.
- My dish detergent dispenser is a plastic hand soap one that I've been refilling and reusing and the cap is broken, so that's another kitchen accessory that needs replacing, this white Bestaende detergent dispenser should do the trick!
- I need an extra colander for the sink this small Boholmen colander fits the bill. It's all about the little things that make life easier. I only have one big colander and sometimes I need more than one for a dish I'm cooking, so I have to drain it, empty the contents into another container, wash it to use it again (It's annoying).
- I also need some new dish towels these Ikea 365+ dish towel set will look handsome in the kitchen.
- I am a bit of a sentimental person so while online window shopping at Ikea I saw this Iris oven mitt and the pot holders I want to buy these solely based on the fact that my aunt's (who recently passed away) name, my daughter's middle name and my kids great grandmother's name (who also passed away) is Iris.
- I'm loving his new Satsumas plant stand for the corner right next to the dishwasher. It looks kind of mid century modern and I love the wood with the white combination.
- And because every trip to Ikea cannot end with out me bringing home a new plant I want to buy another one of the Crassula potted plant since one of mines died last week :'-(
Our next trip to Ikea will be in spring, thankfully it's just around the corner, I can't wait!
I will be sharing a post this week of the kitchen cabinet makeover so keep an eye out for that! For more kitchen posts click here!